Skrumble is an innovative communication technology company. Our feature-rich solutions help improve communication, enhance client relationships and create new business opportunities. Skrumble’s robust solutions allow businesses to be more connected, simplified, and scalable.
The Software Engineer will take part in our GAX project team, reporting to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Determine and review systems software design requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs
- Design, develop, modify, adapt and implement solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, network systems and applications infrastructure
- Develop, implement and/or maintain software and security solutions for complex assignments
- Develop program logic for new applications or analyses and modifies logic in existing applications
- Modifies existing internal software products to add to new functions, adapt to new hardware, improve performance or enhance product usability
- Ensures that applications are compatible across multiple platforms and browsers
- Participates in IT systems strategy, development and /or integrations services
- Contribute to all aspects of a project including firmware, hardware, architecture, database warehouse and mining, database design and analysis, software development and testing
- Contribute to application improvement and optimization through code reviews, refactoring, caching and architecture changes
- Work with team members during troubleshooting, support issues and bug fixes
Why join Skrumble?
- Build a cutting-edge solution for the next generation
- Fast-paced, creative and collaborative team
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Awesome Yonge and Bloor location
- 2+ years of experience in a Software Developer/Engineer role
- 5+ year C, C++, Java programming experience
- Familiarity with Fix protocol, AMQP protocol etc.
- Familiarity with ExecutionManageSystem, Match Engine and Low latency Communication
- Strong SQL knowledge preferably in MySQL and able to design effective and high performance data storage approaches
- Familiarity with major stock exchange and cryptocurrency
- Excellent problem-solving, organization and communication skills
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Post-secondary Education in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- Experience designing/building front-to-back capital markets trading systems combined with developing and deploying applications on multiple platforms
- Blockchain Knowledge